Procrastination

Well, I spent this holiday weekend getting behind. Thanks to all of you who left such kind and encouraging comments here, and everyone who's off reading my first post at The Krazy Kitchen. I'm really looking forward to getting more into cooking and blogging - first, though, I really have to tackle my procrastination issue.

Not that I haven't been trying to tackle it since second grade or anything. It's just frustrating to want to get something done, then get overwhelmed when I look at the mess left from holiday stuff I haven't cleaned up yet, from cooking my Monday Munchies recipes, and from being silly enough to think my overzealous kitten who drinks twice her weight in water daily could go two days without a litter change.

And, of course, I haven't kept up with JulNoWriMo. After last November's success with 50,000 words in 15 days, I thought I'd be able to get back into the swing of things easily, but no such luck.

They say that some of the world's greatest artists are also the world's greatest procrastinators. The key to productive procrastination is supposed to be acknowledging that you know you're going to procrastinate, so you do something useful. Usually, when I don't feel like doing homework, I'll poke around online instead of starting another project. Apparently, instead I should realize that instead of spending hours online, I can get cleaning or writing done since I know I won't focus on my work either way.

I guess that means I'm going to get in the shower (at noon like a lazy college kid) and then focus hard all day on avoiding my homework?

3 comments:

Martha said...

Hmmm, maybe I'm an artist of some kind since I also specialize in procrastination.
Excellent post today at the Krazy Kitchen! :-)

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Thanks for your Save Room for Dessert comment at The Krazy Kitchen. You can also make banana jam. It's very easy. Here's the link: http://joyofdesserts.blogspot.com/2008/03/over-ripe-bananas-make-wonderful-jams.html

Very impressive that you won NaNoWriMo in just 15 days! I won too, but it took me all month. Too much procrastinating! ;-)

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

I have a surprise for you on my blog.

Post a Comment